The Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences (RBHS) Libraries seek an enthusiastic, creative, innovative and service-oriented librarian who will provide instruction, reference, and research services assistance to faculty, students and staff. The Education and Research Librarian is an active member of the health sciences liaison program which includes providing instruction and education workshops such as webinars and lectures in support of teaching and learning across the seven RBHS health sciences schools, centers, institutes spanning RBHS and Rutgers University Libraries (RUL).
The key responsibilities of the Education and Research Librarian are to:
- Develops and provides course-integrated and resource-specific instruction in health sciences subject areas including research guides.
- Engages and actively collaborates building relationships, developing user-centric resources and services, and participating in outreach activities.
- Collaborates with librarians and with other subject librarians to build robust services.
- Provides a full range of virtual reference services to the University community and in-depth consultations for health sciences-related research and data user issues. Answers reference inquiries and conducts in-person and online consultations.
- Provides instruction and consultation support on effective searching, evaluating search results, citation management, and provides instruction on biomedical and health sciences databases, evidence-based practice resources and the point of care tools.
- Delivers research services including consultation and collaboration on systematic reviews, the evidence pyramid, publication metrics, and data management planning.
Teaches evidence-based searching skills to students and residents in RBHS academic programs.
- Participates on RUL-wide committees and working groups contributing expertise and input on projects to deliver effective information services. Serves on RBHS school-wide committees and task forces.
- Participates in activities and programs which promote the health sciences libraries. Is active in professional library associations and participates in ongoing continuing education activities to enhance performance.”
- Demonstrates scholarly excellence in research and publication.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/184380