Reporting to the Dean of Library Services, the Web Services and Systems Specialist is responsible for Montclair State University’s Sprague Library website design, content strategy and information management systems and platforms. This position is responsible for shaping the library’s technological future by exploring and advocating for user-centered library systems and applications that advance the mission of the Sprague Library and Montclair State University.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the Library website administrator. Leads the robust development and maintenance of the library’s web presence and coordinates the strategic production of content.
- Assesses usability and ensures accessibility of the library’s website and digital materials for persons with disabilities.
- Collaborates with University Communications & Marketing to ensure a consistent user experience and brand identity.
- Collaborates on projects with the campus Information Technology Division (ITD) including website administration, content management and enhancements as requested.
- Responsible for managing Library systems including OCLC WMS; database management, purchasing new products and applications; integrations; system upgrades, reporting and vendor relationship management; troubleshooting and resolving access and other systems-related issues.
- Advises the Dean on compiling annual computer technology budget including justifications for purchase and vendors.
- Stays current with library and academic technology trends, issues, and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in computer science, information systems, web design, communications or other technology-related fields. Relevant IT certifications/equivalent experience in an information systems role may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Computer knowledge necessary to perform systems and technical-support related tasks like installing new software, updates to client systems, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Experience with web content creation, web design, maintenance, and usability testing.
- Experience with content management systems, such as WordPress or Drupal.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office and/or the Google Suite and Adobe Creative Suite at an advanced level, and have the ability to learn and utilize specific higher education programs and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, implement, and assess projects. Experience preparing and maintaining effective documentation.
- Ability to communicate technical information to diverse audiences and ability to build positive and collaborative working relationships within a diverse work environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement best practices to assure digital accessibility for persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusivity, and accessibility
- Professional experience working with higher education and/or library information systems, including integrated library systems, institutional repository platforms, or other library-specific systems or software.
- A strong understanding of Google Analytics and search engine optimization (SEO) best practices. Experience with responsive design techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including flexibility, creativity, and initiative.
- Experience communicating and articulating analytical data, reporting, and assessment.
For more information, and to apply, please visit: https://montclair.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/JobOpportunities/job/Web-Services-and-Systems-Specialist_R1002661