Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Director of Communications for University Libraries. As the chief communications officer, reporting to the Vice President for University Libraries and University Librarian (VPUL/UL), the position directs the marketing and communications program for the Rutgers University Libraries (RUL). As a member of the Libraries’ executive leadership team, this position has a vital role developing strategic directions for Rutgers University Libraries.
- Among the key duties of this position are the following:
Serves as the primary person for formal, system-wide communications as well as a consultant giving support for outreach spanning four campuses – Camden, New Brunswick, Newark, and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS).
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communications program for the libraries that elevates awareness of library services, resources, programs, and initiatives, among key audiences and stakeholders (internal and external) through the strategic and creative use of communication and marketing channels.
- Responsibilities include writing and provides direction, coordination, and support for communication activities including crisis communications; strategy development; efforts across campus as part of an integrated communications strategy.
- Works with the Libraries’ Senior Web Designer and Content Producer to ensure consistent and appropriate messaging across platforms.
- Recruits, hires, and manages new full time team members and student employees in accordance with University policies and negotiated contracts.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/154573