SUMMARY: The Rutgers University Libraries (RUL) seeks a Director for Strategic Planning and Assessment. This position reports directly to the Vice President for University Libraries and University Librarian and will provide leadership for the design and coordination of the Libraries’ program of assessment to optimize the Libraries’ decision-making, service provision, and quality-assurance functions. This position supports the data analysis and reporting needs across RUL, and provides training and consultation on assessment, data analysis, and visualization methods and tools. In collaboration with RUL faculty and staff, the incumbent will enable the Libraries to document our value and impact, to make data driven decisions, and to ensure our provision of superlative service to our users. These efforts will require active service on various committees and teams within Rutgers University and the library profession.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director for Strategic Planning and Assessment’s key responsibilities are:
- Completing annual collaborative regional and national library assessment instruments as appropriate such as the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries (AAHSL) and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Systems (IPEDS) surveys.
- Developing an assessment ecosystem to support the Libraries’ assessment and strategic planning efforts.
- Advising Cabinet members on assessment strategies for all aspects of operations, services, and administration of individual libraries and branches.
- Providing semi-annual updates of assessment indicators demonstrating trends and the Libraries impact on the teaching, learning and research activities of university.
- Providing training on assessment strategies and tools used to inform outcomes based, usability, and space utilization studies.
- Evaluating, selecting, and using assessment instruments and tools to ensure an efficient and effective assessment infrastructure.
- Providing assessment support for efforts to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion in library services and collections.
- Working collaboratively with others responsible for assessment across the University and in the profession representing the Libraries on committees such as the Rutgers University Assessment Council on the Student Experience and the Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) Assessment Committee.
This tenure track faculty position is a member of a team of librarians committed to providing first-rate public services to a diverse academic community. The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to continual professional development through scholarly research including publications, presentations, and participation and leadership in the work of relevant professional associations. This position may require working evenings and weekends.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/155627