Montclair State University (MSU) seeks a creative and collaborative leader to serve as Associate Dean for Research, Teaching and Engagement at Sprague Library. MSU is a growing research university with a national reputation as a majority minority and Hispanic-serving institution with a deep commitment to public service, community engagement, and inclusion. Reporting to the Dean of Library Services, the Associate Dean for Research, Teaching and Engagement assists with all aspects of library management and planning as part of an administrative team that is strategically reshaping library services, collections, and facilities to support directions set by MSU’s new President and new Provost.
The Associate Dean leads a team of librarians and paraprofessionals to develop, assess, improve and promote user-focused resources and services to the campus community. The successful candidate will have experience in navigating a changing environment, in motivating and leading teams, in cultivating partnerships and a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and coordination for the development, assessment, and continuous improvement of the Library’s teaching, learning, and research support
- Oversees Research and Reference Services, Government Documents and Research Services, MSU Digital Commons (institutional repository), instruction, outreach and scholarly communications.
- Advances diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility for all Sprague Library users.
- Develops and improves user-focused physical and online library environments.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates innovative programs and services using evidence-based methods.
- Promotes organizational effectiveness through strategic leadership, planning, and resource management.
- Cultivates relationships with academic leadership, engages in campus-level initiatives, and builds partnerships with University and external communities.
- Participates in professional development for the purpose of continuing education and contributes to the profession.
- Monitors library, higher education, and technology trends to guide innovation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
- Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- A minimum of five years of experience in one or more of the following: teaching and learning, student success, or research services.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating multiple staff.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and coordinating efforts across library departments.
- Experience collaborating with campus partners and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, public communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusivity, and accessibility.
- Record of scholarship, professional involvement, and service.
- Second Master’s, EdD, or PhD in a field relevant to higher education administration.
- Experience with assessment and data-informed decision making.
- Record of successful grant applications and grant management.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans and projects.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Fluency in Spanish.
For more information and to apply, visit https://montclair.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/JobOpportunities/job/Montclair-NJ/Associate-Dean-for-Research–Teaching-and-Engagement_R1002279