West Virginia University Libraries seek applications and nominations for an Agricultural Sciences Librarian for our WVU Libraries team. We are seeking an innovative and service oriented, librarian to actively lead engagement efforts with faculty, students and staff in the varied disciplines of the College of Agricultural Sciences, Natural Resources and Design, and WVU Extension. The librarian will develop collaborative working relationships, serve as a resource for those seeking research, teaching and digital initiative support, and will develop and deliver innovative, responsive library services and programs to faculty and students in those disciplines. The librarian will collaborate with colleagues within the university libraries and with campus partners to plan and implement creative library services and initiatives that advance the goals of the WVU campus community.
• ALA accredited Master’s degree.
• Knowledge of research and reference service trends.
• Demonstrated strong commitment to outstanding user services.
• Demonstrated ability to support research and information needs in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
• Degree or library experience in a field appropriate to the position
• Knowledge of evidence-based practices in reference services.
• Experience with current and emergent technologies and their applications in libraries and higher education.
• Familiarity with the discovery and use of data sets and formats across science and social science disciplines or willingness to develop proficiency.
• $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 commensurate with experience
• Librarians at WVU hold non-tenured faculty appointments. Exemplary job performance, professional development/research, and service is required for reappointment and promotion in rank.
Application materials must be submitted online at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=19649&tz=GMT-04:00&tzname=America/New_York