La Roche University is currently accepting applications for a part time, Library Assistant in the John J. Wright Library to work evenings and weekends beginning in January 2024. This position will assist patrons with information requests at the Circulation and/or Information Desk. Will also work with Library personnel to provide quality customer service in an active user-oriented setting. Hours for this position are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 4:00pm – 8:00pm; Saturday 8:30am – 4:30pm; Sunday 1:00pm – 9:00pm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist users in locating library source materials through library website.
· Answer questions regarding library processes and procedures at the Information Desk.
· Assist students on devices including the computer and copier.
· Attend monthly staff meetings.
· Answer questions through the library chat service, phone, face-to-face, and email.
· Assists in circulation (check out and renew materials, collect fines, etc.)
· Open and close the facility, including on weekends.
· Complete other related tasks/projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3+ years in customer service preferred
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
Please include a cover letter and resume with a completed application. Candidates subject to background clearances. Review of application materials will begin immediately; position open until filled.