Librarian Faculty Position, Morgantown Campus.
WVU Health Sciences Library seeks applications for a Health Sciences Scholarly Communications Librarian to serve as an authoritative source on scholarly communications issues in the health sciences. The librarian will also build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships in assigned disciplines including the School of Dentistry and several departments within the School of Medicine. Additionally, the librarian will provide research support, teach information literacy, as well as plan and implement library services and initiatives.
- Provide instruction and specialized research consultations dealing with scholarly communications including scholarly publishing, open access, open science, predatory publishing, research impact, and copyright.
- Actively engage with faculty and students in assigned liaison areas including the School of Dentistry and several departments within the School of Medicine.
- Build strong working relationships with faculty, students, and staff and promote the library and its services to the campus community.
- Identify and develop effective library instruction for key courses
- Keep current on trends and emerging issues in scholarly communications, especially within the health sciences
- Collaborate with others engaged in scholarly communications issues within the Libraries and across the Health Sciences Center
- Participate in the Health Sciences Library systematic review service
- Participate in general reference assistance through on-call and chat service
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library and information science or international equivalent graduate degree
- Demonstrated understanding of current and emerging practices in scholarly communication including open access, predatory publishing, research impact, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of liaison librarians
- Demonstrated understanding of information literacy and instruction practices
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member and with a diverse population of library users
- Background or experience in the sciences or in a health sciences library/field
- Advanced degree and/or scholarly publishing experience
Condition of Work and Benefits:
- Twelve-month assignment, 37.5 hours weekly M-F with occasional weekend and evening work possible
- Faculty rank and status
- Non-tenure track
- Health and retirement benefits
- Generous paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Supportive work environment with funding support for research and professional activities
- We welcome beginning or early career librarians and anticipate filling this position at the rank of Staff Librarian or Assistant University Librarian. Rank and salary are dependent upon post-MLS experience and credentials.
- Salary range $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 commensurate with experience and faculty rank.
- Exemplary job performance, professional development/research, and service are required for reappointment and promotion in rank.
- Application review process begins May 15, 2022. Applications received by this date will receive the highest consideration. A complete application must include:
- Cover letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae,
- Three current, professional references
For more information and to apply, visit https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=19402&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York