The key responsibilities of the position are to:
- Support the collection needs and resources that bolster the clinical, educational, and research missions of the Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences schools, centers, and institutes.
- Understand and keep abreast of trends related to scholarly communication, publishing, copyright, emerging information and data sharing, and funders mandates in the health sciences.
- Represent the health sciences on university-wide collections groups, providing input and advocating for the discipline-specific resources required at an academic health center.
- Conduct continuous evaluation, obtain and utilize metrics, usage data, and other assessment criteria to support data-driven collection development.
- Work collaboratively with health sciences and sciences librarians to advance expertise and depth of knowledge of specialized collections. Write and disseminate updates on a regular basis.
- Work closely with RBHS library users, librarians, and staff on questions about publishing, including manuscript submissions, navigating copyright policies, and complying with open mandates.
- Participate in library planning, committees, and task forces, and engage in campus, regional, and national professional organizations, and collaborative activities. May represent Rutgers to state, national, and international organizations.
- Curate and manage a health sciences e-book list for use by educators and students.
Serve in select liaison activities such as outreach and instruction on collection and scholarly communication-related topics.
- Regularly participate in virtual information services including Chat and Ask-a-Librarian; and provide consultations to users on the use of specific resources.
This position is a member of the Rutgers University Libraries Faculty, a team of librarians committed to providing first-rate public services to a diverse academic community that collaborates with colleagues across the libraries to enhance the effectiveness of library services to the University community. Reporting to the AUL for Health Sciences Libraries, this librarian will be based at the George F. Smith Library of the Health Sciences on the RBHS Campus in Newark, NJ. This is a tenure-track faculty position, requiring publication, research, and active participation in professional associations. This position may require working evenings and weekends.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/175682