The Assessment Coordinator is a librarian/professional position that will lead the ULS’ Assessment and Quality Assurance Unit in systematic collection, analysis, and reporting of organizational data to support management decisions and to demonstrate and enhance the value of the ULS collections, services, and spaces. The incumbent will be responsible for designing, coordinating, and promoting assessment activities in collaboration with appropriate department managers and identifying opportunities for service and workflow improvements through analysis of data and other information sources.
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Collections and Organizational Effectiveness, and supervising two FTEs, this position is a full-time Appointment Stream Faculty Librarian.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Managing and further developing the ULS’ user-centered assessment program to enable data-informed decision making and aligning the program with institutional assessment efforts.
· Fostering a culture of assessment through collaboration with colleagues throughout the library to plan and implement assessment initiatives.
· Communicating assessment findings across the organization, and providing consultations and guidance to colleagues on assessment methodologies.
· Gathering, analyzing, and reporting data required by the Library’s Management Team, institutional stakeholders, and external agencies.
· Leading research studies into the information and library needs of the University of Pittsburgh community and making recommendations on service enhancements and efficiencies. These could include undertaking qualitative and quantitative user studies, workflow analyses, peer benchmarking and others.
· Gathering, analyzing, and reporting data to demonstrate the value of ULS’ services.
· Developing creative and effective means of visualizing data to uncover relationships and trends and to identify opportunities for ongoing service improvements.
· Overseeing periodic review of library operations based upon data gathered during assessment activities, and through other studies, and make recommendations to the ULS Director and LMT.
A successful candidate for Assessment Coordinator will have the following required qualifications:
· ALA-accredited MLIS or equivalent advanced degree.
· Demonstrated knowledge of assessment methodologies and tools (qualitative and quantitative) and experience analyzing data.
· Demonstrated ability to design and implement an assessment program, and to apply research to decision making.
· Ability to identify strategic opportunities and establish priorities accordingly.
· Ability to present complex information to diverse audiences.
· Demonstrated understanding of the mission and role of an academic research library.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member and to promote teamwork among colleagues; ability to work independently.
For more information, and to apply, please visit: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=23006279&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York