Join a vibrant campus equity-minded community of educators whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. The University Libraries invite applications for Temporary Adjunct Instructor Research and Instruction Librarian. The position begins Spring 2023.
West Chester University, a member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, is a public, comprehensive institution committed to offering high-quality undergraduate education, selected post-baccalaureate and graduate programs, and a variety of educational and cultural resources for its students, alumni, and citizens of southeastern Pennsylvania. The University offers more than 100 graduate and undergraduate programs in the sciences and mathematics, business and public management, arts and humanities, health sciences, education and social work, music, and interdisciplinary studies. We are a community of educators dedicated to developing graduates who succeed personally and professionally and contribute to the common good.
The instructor will be part of a team that provides library instruction sessions for the First Year Writing Program and additional instructional support as assigned. The incumbent will provide in-person, chat, email, and telephone support at the research help desk during assigned weekdays to include evening hours. The instructor will participate in various projects and programs to include review & development of physical material collections, department outreach, and consult with other University office(s).
The appointment is for the Spring 2023 semester with the possibility of renewal in the following semester(s). The instructor will carry a 12-credit workload.
- Teach library information literacy sessions.
- Provide scheduled research assistance.
- Conduct collection review.
- Participate in library outreach activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent
- Ability to communicative effectively with a diverse constituent
- Experience delivering effective instruction; and/or
- Experience providing research assistance via multiple formats; and/or
- Experience with collection review; and/or
- Experience working as an Academic librarian
For more information, and to apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/wcupa/jobs/3832574/23-88-temporary-instructor-research-and-instruction-librarian?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs