Thomas Jefferson University invites you to apply for the position of Serials Coordinator. This successful candidate will manage the daily activities necessary for the processing of serial publications, both printed and electronic. This process includes the management of all serials binding activities and the maintenance of the serial holdings record for both print and online publications. This position will report to the Cataloging and Collection Development Librarian. This is a hybrid position. Hybrid means working from home one day a week.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of two years’ experience in a library
- one year’s experience working with serials materials in a library setting.
- Good attention to detail, accurate record keeping, and the ability to organize daily activities.
- Ability to learn and work with various computer applications.
- Experience with ALMA Integrated Library system.
- Customer service experience
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree.
- Responsible for serials acquisition and receiving activities (including check-in, claiming, statistics, and binding for print subscriptions) for the electronic integrity of the serials holding list.
- Executes and updates workflows to manage metadata for large-scale journal collection subscriptions in collaboration with the collection management team.
- Interacts with students, co-workers, visitors, and other individuals consistent with the values of Jefferson.
- Directs workflow to student workers who assist in all phases of serials maintenance.
- Assists in public service at the circulation desk as needed.
- Opportunity to perform regular shifts at the Reference Desk, answering basic reference questions and directing queries as needed.
- May supervise the work of one student assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Fill out HR form: https://recruit.jefferson.edu/psc/hcmp/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
submit a cover letter and resume to Miranda.firstname.lastname@example.org