The Library Services area of La Roche University is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time Librarian position. As a member of the Library team, this position provides a variety of professional library services, including reference and research services to library users. The Librarian supports the University’s information literacy efforts by teaching instructional sessions to students, faculty and staff.
This position requires a comprehensive set of skills including providing direct instruction to faculty and students, both individually and in classroom settings, on research strategies and the proper utilization of library resources. Additionally, the Librarian will be responsible for cataloging and collections, collecting and analyzing data, and responding to general inquiries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain weekend/mid-day/evening hours as follows:
- Monday – Wednesday: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Attend monthly staff meeting beginning at 2:00 pm
- Provide individualized and classroom instruction on developing effective research strategies and using and evaluating library resources such as books, databases, journals, and related materials.
- Respond to reference questions from students, faculty and visitors. Demonstrate how to search through catalogs and databases, how to retrieve articles and research publications, and how to properly cite references.
- Keep reference interaction data, as well as collect and analyze data from information literacy sessions.
- Work closely with Library Director, attend all monthly library meetings, and work with various departments on campus.
- Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science is required
- Minimum of six months library experience is required; experience in higher education preferred
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Skilled with interacting with diverse populations
Qualified applicants can complete an online application by clicking on the following link:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
A cover letter and resume should accompany a completed application. Candidates subject to background clearances. Review of application materials will begin immediately; position open until filled.