Thomas Jefferson University invites you to apply for the position of Health Sciences and Applied Research Librarian (HSAR Librarian) at the Paul J. Gutman Library on the beautiful East Falls campus in Philadelphia.
The HSAR Librarian supports, primarily, the information instruction and collection development need of the health sciences, health professions, and rehab science programs on the Jefferson University East Falls campus. In addition, this librarian will provide information and resource support for applied research on our campus.
The professional in this position will have the opportunity to work with our Scholarly Communication Librarian and Digital Archivist to implement library initiatives in support of scholarly publishing and digital scholarship by the Thomas Jefferson University community. Working closely with other Jefferson Library and Academic Commons (AC) staff, they will facilitate the use of scholarly publishing and digital scholarship tools with faculty and students on the East Falls campus. They will conduct workshops and other programming on scholarly publishing and the promotion of published works, digital scholarship, and data management best practices.
The HSAR Librarian collaborates with Information Services librarians at all Jefferson Libraries on outreach initiatives and responsibilities relating to information literacy instruction, research support, scholarly publishing, and collection development.
This position is a hybrid position with remote work one day per week in addition to working from the Scott Memorial Library, Center City campus, as needed.
- A year (1) or more experience teaching or leading workshops on information management skills in an academic library setting.
- Effective oral and written communications skills; including the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, students, and faculty on various projects and library services.
- Collaborative approach to outreach, problem solving, and working across organizational departments in service of user needs.
- Supporting faculty and students publishing in a higher education setting.
- Academic liaison services including instruction and collection development for a specific subject area, preferably in health science, health professions, and rehab sciences.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: An advanced library science degree (MLS or MLIS) or other relevant graduate degree and experience.
ESSENIAL JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Provides information services and instruction (both in-person and online) to the Thomas Jefferson University community.
- Provides liaison, instruction, and collection development services to the College of Rehabilitation Sciences, and the health sciences and health professions programs on East Falls campus.
- In collaboration with Jefferson Library colleagues, creates workshops that build information literacy andcitation management skills for Jefferson students and faculty on the effective use of information resources, search engines, and bibliographic management software.
- In collaboration and with direction from the Scholarly Communications Librarian, this position supports faculty and students on the East Fall’s campus in the publicationand promotion of scholarly writing and digital scholarship. This position will help to lead workshops on best practices and provide outreach on scholarly digital publishing issues including open education resources, copyright, citation metrics, and persistent identifiers (ORCID iD, DOIs, etc.).
- Collaborates closely with library staff, especially with the Digital Archivist to promote and develop the use of the institutional repository, new digital publishing tools and digital scholarship services. In doing so the librarian will work to highlightand promote the creation of scholarly works by the Jefferson University East Falls community and the unique collections of the Paul J. Gutman Library and archival collections in fashion, textiles, architecture, and others.
- Stays abreast of new platforms, technologies, methods, and trends for reference, information literacy, and scholarly communications and research.
- Other duties as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Fill-in HR form: https://recruit.jefferson.edu/psc/hcmp/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
STARTING DATE: ASAP