Reporting to the Electronic Resources Librarian, the Electronic Resources and Periodicals Assistant is responsible for daily operations in the library regarding electronic resources including database management; compiling and reporting statistics regarding electronic resources; and assisting in evaluation and acquisition of new electronic resources.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks, troubleshoots, and maintains access for electronic resources. Assists in ensuring access is available to patrons via multiple discovery methods (e.g., library catalog, EBSCO discovery service, link resolver, etc.).
- Assists in maintaining the library’s electronic resources including online databases and streaming media; the online A to Z periodical list; the online A to Z database lists; and the OCLC WMS knowledgebase.
- Maintains database holdings with the most current information in appropriate electronic resources. Assists librarian in maintaining administrative accounts for electronic resource platforms and vendor databases in order to manage content and generate reports.
- Responds to and resolves electronic resources administration, access, and discovery issues in a timely manner via ticketing system, e-mail, and direct communication. Employs troubleshooting and technical skills to resolve issues, consulting with internal and external partners as necessary.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and maintenance of the print periodical collections; creates and maintains reports on the transition to electronic collections.
- Coordinates physical materials processing functions for print journals, including receipt and processing of titles, check-in and claiming of titles in the Library’s online system.
- Assists the Electronic Resources Librarian in budget activities related to electronic resources and periodicals, and with the administration, organization, and interpretation of new and established license agreements.
- Organizes, reviews and processes invoices. Tracks and monitors payments and renewals.
- Works with library colleagues and with vendors to reconcile and troubleshoot discrepancies with orders, invoices, and titles lists across systems.
- Collects electronic resources order and usage data, compiles and analyzes customized reports in line with systematic, sustainable assessment procedures.
- Assists in the evaluation of new electronic products, including comparison of full-text journal collections with other products of the library’s current holdings.
- Collaborates with vendors and Collection Development/Acquisitions colleagues to establish and renew orders and subscriptions for electronic resources such as e-journals, e-books, streaming media, and databases. Creates and maintains order and subscription records in the ILS, vendor databases, and other systems.
- Assists in routine communication with students, faculty and staff regarding library electronic resources.
- Supervises student assistants.
- Assists in the development and refinement of workflows to accomplish specific, time-limited goals and temporary or long-term projects.
- Participates in unit and departmental projects and contributes to the smooth function of Collections and Discovery unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
To see the full posting and for instructions on how to apply visit: https://montclair.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/JobOpportunities/details/Electronic-Resources-and-Periodicals-Assistant_R1002923-1