Rowan University Libraries seeks forward-thinking and collaborative candidates for the 12-month, hybrid-eligible, tenure-track position of Data Curation & Scholarly Communication Librarian.
This position, based on our Glassboro, NJ campus, provides expertise and guidance in data curation, scholarly communication, digital scholarship, and Open Access to the entire Rowan community of:
- Rowan University
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU),
- Virtua Health College of Medicine and Life Sciences of Rowan University
- Rowan School of Veterinary Medicine (2025)
Our Data Curation & Scholarly Communication Librarian chairs the Research Data Management Working Group and works closely with the Division of University Research and the Information Resources & Technology Department to develop best practices and procedures in the preservation, management, and sharing of research data. They also lead outreach to and training of Rowan faculty, students, staff, and affiliated researchers on issues related to research data curation and scholarly communication, such as the creation of data management plans. The successful candidate will also have duties inclusive of both reference and instruction.
Our Data Curation & Scholarly Communication Librarian contributes to various digital initiatives at Rowan University Libraries, including Rowan Digital Works (RDW), Rowan’s research institutional repository. This includes the library Open Access Publication Fund, as well as strategic initiatives and partnerships to promote Open Scholarship more broadly. The incumbent will perform this work in partnership with colleagues in the libraries, including the Digital Scholarship Center Coordinator, the RDW Institutional Repository Manager, the Digital Humanities & Social Sciences Librarian, Library Technology Services staff, University Archives and Special Collections staff, and the Scholarly Communications Committee.
Our successful candidate is one who is energized in a growing and changing environment and enjoys working on teams and building partnerships. This role requires a commitment to engaging in scholarly activities, seeking external funding, and providing service to the University, the community, and the profession.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS or MLIS) from a library school accredited by the American Library Association (or ALA-recognized foreign equivalent)
- Familiarity with current practices and emerging trends in scholarly communications
- Experience providing consultations, or teaching or leading workshops, on data curation tools and/or services (such as Figshare, ORCID, Data Dryad, or the DMPTool)
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a growing academic environment.
- Demonstrated action towards anti-racist, inclusive, and ethical practice and pedagogy
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to lead innovative organizational priorities and duties
- Ability to fulfill the Tenure & Re-contracting criteria for a library faculty member on the tenure track, including the creation of scholarly presentations and publications
- Experience with grant writing and/or grant administration
- Experience in academic publishing, especially library-based publishing
To apply, and for more information, please visit: https://jobs.rowan.edu/en-us/job/498156/data-curation-and-scholarly-communication-librarian